Thursday 5 April 2012

I received my DermaRoller today!

I was shocked at the professionalism of the packaging and the look of it too!
I bought this from Ebay for around £7... so I wasn't sure on the quality that I would receive.


This was the packaging it came in:


I bought the 1.5mm (As you can see it comes in many sizes)

Before I used the needles on my skin, I put some alcohol gel on the table and rolled (GENTLY) the roller in it just to clean the needles just in case. **Make sure not to bend the needles**

After that, I let it dry for about 10 minutes, then I decided to try a small section on my Arm just to see how the pain was. On my own arm, with a fair amount of pressure, it did not hurt as much as I thought it would, but then I tried it on my parents skin (52+60 years old) and they said that it was very painful. I would suggest the younger your skin, the less it will hurt. 

To me it felt like having a tattoo, I have 3 tattoos so I am used to having needles in my skin, but people who have never had a tattoo, it feels like a cat scratching his nail in the same place repeatedly. The thicker your skin, the less it will hurt, and my skin is very thick, hence why it didn't hurt me!

The needles can be a little scary, but really it doesn't hurt as much as you'd expect it to!

They really aren't as scary as they seem!

I tried a little patch on my hip over a stretch mark and left it for about an hour...

This is me rolling it on my skin... You don't need to put much pressure on it, it goes into the skin easily! (It isn't as nasty as it sounds)

This is what it looked like after doing it VERY lightly over the worst points of my stretch marks, this is about an hour after I used it, the two lines that you see are because I didn't press it hard enough and only the outer needles penetrated the skin.


I then decided to try it on a larger scale:

This was straight after I had just rolled....

An Hour after I rolled on the larger scale.

I intend to roll again as soon as the red marks have gone, this way I know it has entirely healed before I make any more damage.


I will update my blog again tomorrow, to see how quickly the marks have gone down... Obviously everybody's skin is different, but I will see how it heals, and if it scabs over or anything like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment